Emergency Medical Response
View Events/Assignments for
To provide participants the knowledge and skills necessary to work as an emergency medical responder (EMR) to help sustain life, reduce pain and minimize the consequences of injury or sudden illness until more advanced medical personnel take over. The course content and activities will prepare you to make appropriate decisions about the care to provide in a medical emergency. The course teaches the skills an EMR needs to act as a crucial link in the emergency medical services
Approximately 51-60 hours
• Attend all class sessions.
• Participate in all course activities.
• Demonstrate competency in all required skills and scenarios.
• Demonstrate competency in the final skills scenarios.
• Pass written exams with minimum grades of 80 percent for each exam.