Please check here for status updates and configuration/training resources in regard to the e-mail migration that is scheduled for February 15, 2018.
E-mail Status Updates
|2/14/2018 @ 12:50 PM
||E-mail migration is set to begin tomorrow, February 15, 2018 at 3:30 PM. E-mail is expected to be down all day on Friday, February 16, 2018. Chromebooks will be inoperable due to reconfiguration of SSO. Upon completion, please utilize webmail (link on Adair County School's website or at login.microsoftonline.com. Watch this webpage for status updates regarding e-mail migration.
|2/16/2018 @ 8:30 AM
||Staff Mailbox Migrations complete (awaiting final MX Flip & cleanup)
|2/16/2018 @ 9:30 AM
||SSO Reconfigured for Chromebooks
|2/16/2018 @ 10:18 AM
||Second (final) MS flip commpleted - awaiting final cleanup
|2/16/2018 @ 1:44 PM
||Email/Contacts/Calendars Migration Complete
|2/17/2018 @ 7:38 AM
||OneDrive & Sharepoint Migration Begin
|2/17/2018 @ 11:35 AM
||OneDrive & Sharepoint Migration Complete
Please note until migration is fully complete, your messages and one drive content will continue to filter into your account.
OUTLOOK CLIENT 2007
If you have been using the Outlook Client 2007 version of Office, please contact District Technology as you will need to be updated to a newer version of office moving forward.
OUTLOOK CLIENT 2010/2013
If you're running Outlook 2010 or 2013, you can reconfigure your profile using a free tool available at http://config365.com. Please note that using this tool requires that users have .NET 3.5 installed on their machines (which typically isn't installed by default). This may also require Local Administrator rights on the user machines. The Config365 tool does not appear to work for Outlook 2016. For Outlook 2016 users, you should use the manual process described in the following process.
OUTLOOK CLIENT 2016
To manually reconfigure the profile, you can undertake the following steps:
- Navigate to Control Panel, Select Categories in the top right and switch it to Small icons
- Click Mail, sometimes this shows as Mail (Microsoft Outlook 2016) or Mail (32-bit) or something similar.
- Click Show Profiles, Click your Outlook profile, Click Remove
- Click Apply and then click Ok
- Then launch the Outlook applicationfrom your desktop or start menu. Navigate through the wizard by clicking next, you should see your account auto-populate based off the machine credentials you're logged into. You may be prompted for a password during this process.
- To make sure your Outlook client is working properly, make sure that the status in the bottom right shows Connected to Microsoft Exchange and you're receiving new mail.
OUTLOOK FOR MAC
You will need to remove and re-add your profile after migration if you are using Outlook for Mac. Follow the below guidance:
- Use the Finder application to navigate to Microsoft Outlook
- Right click on the Microsoft Outlook icon to bring up the contextual menu. From this menu, select Show Package Contents.
- Open Contents folder.
- Open the SharedSupport folder.
- Double click Outlook Profile Manager to open the program.
- In the manager window, highlight the profile you would like to delete and select the remove (-) button.
- To create a new profile, in the manager window, select the add (+) button.
You may need to clear browser history/cache before proceeding with the steps below.
Many people will see that they stay logged into their old webmail account following migration, particular when you save your credentials. The easiest way to check is to log into webmail and then click on your name and picture in the top right-hand corner. A good value is an address that ends with @district.kyschools.us If you're still logged into the old account, the bad value woudl be occuring if you see @staffkyschools.onmicrosoft.com. If you see a staffkyschools.onmicrosoft.com address, you'll need to log out, wait for it to finish logging out, and then close your broswer. Then you can log into webmail again with your district.kyschools.us address and it should take you to your "new" mailbox. You should be able to view new mail at that point.
Mobile Devices Configuration-Click on the links within the attached document for configuration information for specific mobile devices.
End User Training-Click on the links within the attached document for Microsoft Office 365 training, including Microsoft Outlook, OneDrive, and other Microsoft resources that are available to you.
Accessing Your Old Account-Old email accounts will be available for a limited time in the event you need to access it. Instructions are included for accessing it.