Unit 3: Relations and Functions
Approximately 13 days
By the end of this unit you should be able to say I CAN…
3.1 Define key vocabulary terms involving relations and functions and use them to analyze graphs. (1 day)
3.2 Determine if a chart, graph, mapping, or set of data represents a relation or a function. (2 days)
3.3 Find the domain and range of a set of data. (1 day)
3.4 Use function notation. (1 day)
3.5 Identify the zeroes of a function and use them to analyze graphs. (1 day)
3.6 Determine if a set of points coincides with a graph or equation. (2 days)
3.7 Evaluate a function for a given value. (1 day)
3.8 Find the value of specified terms in an arithmetic sequence. (2 days)
Review and Exam (2 days)
Embedded within all modules are the following learning targets
- Recognize units given or needed to solve problem
- Determine if the solution to a multi-step problem is reasonable using given units
- Choose appropriate units to represent a problem when using formulas or graphing.
- Interpret units or scales used in formulas or represented in graphs.
- Use units as a way to understand problems and to guide the solution of multi-step problems.