Unit 4: Linear Equations
Approximately 35 days
By the end of this unit you should be able to say I CAN…
4.1 Find the slope of a line given a graph OR a set of points, OR an equation (6 days)
4.2 Convert between slope-intercept and standard forms. (2 days)
4.3 Graph an equation from slope-intercept form.
4.4 Graph an equation from standard form using intercepts. ( 4.3&4.4 - 6 days)
4.5 Write an equation in slope-intercept form given a point and slope, OR two points. (5 days)
4.6 Use linear equations to model real world applications and solve word problems. (6 days)
4.7 Find parallel or perpendicular equations given a slope and a point, or two points. (3 days)
4.8 Determine the correlation of a scatterplot and its correlation coefficient.
4.9 Use the rate of change and the line of best fit to predict future outcomes. ( 4.8&4.9 - 4 days)
Unit Review and Exam - 3 days
Embedded within all modules are the following learning targets
- Recognize units given or needed to solve problem
- Determine if the solution to a multi-step problem is reasonable using given units
- Choose appropriate units to represent a problem when using formulas or graphing.
- Interpret units or scales used in formulas or represented in graphs.
- Use units as a way to understand problems and to guide the solution of multi-step problems.